Fundraising & Community: Year in Review
As a new year draws in and we all get back into the swing of things, we would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that has fundraised for us over the past year and helped support our work:
– Thank you to the Newbury League of Jewish Women, who donated us some lovely blankets in January. We used them to keep people warm on our minibuses during last years’ cold spell as we took them to and from our activities across the area. They also donated an extra one for us to use in one of our Winter Raffles.
– To Veolia North Thames Trust, who helped us fund a modernisation programme at our Hornchurch Wellbeing Centre in April. We have been able to completely transform the front of the centre; create an Information point and open the day centre to local people on a Saturday.
– To both London Green Points and Serco, who have donated £1,302.56 to us through the Havering Green Points Scheme; and to all of the residents of Havering who donated their green points to us.
– To the Dagenham Rotary Club, who invited us to bring a few of our people along to their Queens Birthday Celebration Event in June. In return, we helped them get older people across Dagenham to the event in our minibuses. Everyone had a great time.
– To John Barrett, who held a Ladies Night in July, in conjunction with the Bishop of Barking Lodge 3050 and raised an impressive £864.50.
– To community fundraisers such as Nicola Afteni, who used our JustGiving account to get support and sponsorship when she raised funds by running the Brentwood half-marathon.
– To the staff of Nationwide Bank branches across Havering, who fundraised to hold an afternoon of fun and activities for older people in October. Over forty people attended and were treated to lunch, live music and games, all organised by the bank’s employees. Also a big thank you to Upminster British Legion for allowing us to use their excellent hall.
– To everyone who voted for us in the Aviva Community Awards in October. Even though we didn’t win, we would like to still thank you all for taking the time to cast your votes.
– To the people that donated to our CrowdFunder campaign in November and helped us fund some of our Christmas Activities for Older People over the festive period.
– To the many care homes in the area who have invited us to speak to their staff about dementia, stroke and all our other services, and donated to help us further spread the message and ensure that we can continue to raise awareness about our work.
– To the many people who have left us donations in memory of their loved one; including one special £10,000 donation that has helped us pay for a new boiler at our Hornchurch Wellbeing Centre.
– To the people who use and donate to our Charity Shop; have donated via text using JustTextGiving; and even donated their cars to us via GiveaCar; and to everyone who has dropped a penny or two into one of our collection pots or buckets around the borough.
Thank you to you all – your donations help us improve the lives of local adults, and enable us to reach out to older people that need our help. Because of these wonderful donations, we can keep on promoting independence to local people in the community and ensure that every adult has the opportunity to live a positive and fulfilling life.
Would you like to fundraise for us in 2017? Get in touch with our Fundraising Team on 01708 796600 or email email@example.com to find out more.