My Health Matters is an innovative community project which aims to encourage the residents of Havering to become healthier, more active and to take positive action to manage their own wellbeing.
Our Health Champions are volunteers who, with training and support, promote health and wellbeing within their local community, encouraging local people to make positive choices to improve their health.
Anyone over 18 who has an interest in health and wellbeing in their community can apply to be a Health Champion. A background in health isn’t necessary but you’ll be required to attend and pass a one day accredited course, leading to an RSPH Level 2 health qualification.
Once qualified you’ll have the opportunity to attend further training to learn more about topics such as healthy eating, physical activity, mental health and cancer awareness and attend focus groups to discuss feedback on relevant topics.
By becoming a Health Champion, you will be able to:
- Help local people look after their health and make informed choices about their wellbeing;
- Learn more about local health issues and services;
- Receive FREE high quality accredited training with the option of gaining further qualifications;
- Meet new people in your community;
- Make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
Interested in becoming a Havering Health Champion? Get in touch with us on 01708 797705 to find out more. You can also send us an email at email@example.comTweet this Share this