Looking to extend your social circle? Want to meet new people? From our Wellbeing Centres to coach trips and from Zumba Gold to Volunteering we provide lots of opportunities to meet other people.
Ways we can help:
- Wellbeing Centres: Would you like to remain independent despite a condition or disability? You may be interested in attending one of our Wellbeing Centres, which host a range of activities, quizzes and games throughout the whole week. Our fleet of fully-accessible minibuses can pick you up from your home and take you to and from the Centre. Find out more on the Health & Wellbeing page.
- Social Groups: Would you like the opportunity to meet with similar people? We run a range of clubs and groups in our Wellbeing Centres and in local venues which offer a variety of fun, stimulating activities and have lunch and refreshments available. The clubs and groups meet regularly and everyone is always made to feel welcome. Find what groups meet near you on our Events Calendar page.
- Healthy activities: Looking for ways to keep yourself active in later life? From Snooker and pool to ‘Zumba Gold’ we organise activities for people of all abilities. Pop over to our Events Calendar to see what clubs we have.
- Coach Trips: Enjoy getting out of the area and exploring new locations? Why not try one of our many Coach Trips. Our day-trippers travel to many regional locations, such as seaside resorts, museums, events and historic attractions. See where we’re heading next on the Events Calendar.
- Information & Advice: Don’t know where to start? Our friendly team have a wealth of local knowledge and can help you fill out a range of forms, such as Freedom Passes, Disabled Badges and Taxicards, ensuring that you can still get out and about. Get in Touch with our team using the details below to find out more.–
- One to – one connections: if you want to talk with someone on the phone or in our home we have volunteers just for you. If you don’t have the confidence to go out and about yet we also work with Talking Therapies to help people get over any anxiety issues.
- Volunteering: Looking for a way to keep busy and give back to the community? Why not share your skills with us as a volunteer? We rely on the support of volunteers, who take up many varied yet exciting roles across our activities as Befrienders and Minibus Drivers. Visit the Volunteering page for more information on how to become a Tapestry volunteer.
–Tweet this Share this