Have you recently started caring for someone? Looking for a little support to push you in the right direction? At a time when this is new to you, our Carer Support services are a good place to start. We’re here to help carers every step of the way and will ensure that you’re never left in the dark.
Ways we can help:
- Domestic Care: Is your loved one’s home in need of some TLC? Our trained Care Staff can help keep the house in tip-top shape with our range of domestic services such as laundry, housework and shopping visits. Visit the Homecare page with us to find out more.
- Companionship: Does your loved one like to get out and about on a regular basis? Looking for an opportunity to get a little respite? One of our Companions can take your loved one to an appointment at the doctors or hairdressers, on a walk to the local shops, even for a cup of tea at a cafe – giving you a much-needed rest. See the Homecare page for more information.
- Carer Support: Interested in meeting up with other like-minded people to share tips and advice? From training programmes to help you find out more, to carer support groups, Tapestry offers support to carers from all walks of life. Get in touch with us to find out more using the below details.
- Clubs & Groups: Would your loved one like to meet up with similar people? We run a range of clubs and groups across the local area, all of which offer a variety of fun, stimulating activities and have lunch and drinks available. The clubs and groups meet on either a weekly or monthly basis and everyone is always made to feel welcome. Take a peek at our Events Calendar to see if any of our clubs take your fancy.
- Wellbeing Centres: Does your loved one want to remain independent despite their condition? They may be interested in attending one of our Wellbeing Centres, which host a range of friendly activities throughout the week. Our fleet of fully-accessible minibuses can collect and return your loved one directly to their home. Visit our Health & Wellbeing page for more information.
- Food & Drink: Your loved one can join us at one of our Clubs, Groups or Wellbeing Centres for a fresh, tasty meal; whether this be bangers & mash, a vegetarian lasagne or a slice of fruitcake over a cup of tea. See what clubs we have over at our Event Calendar.
- Information & Advice: Got a pressing question you need to ask? Seeking advice or guidance about a loved one’s care? Our friendly advisors are on hand to help talk you through your options at a speed which suits you, and are knowledgeable about many conditions, such as dementia & stroke. Get in touch to find out more.
–Tweet this Share this